Menu

Saxon Algebra I Integrated Math

I'm leaning toward using Saxon Integrated math Algebra I for my daughter for 8th grade, and plan to use the 3rd edition.  What do I need to buy for a complete set?  The textbook, I know.  But are there separate tests, answer keys, homework keys, or a problem workbook to get also?

I think I answered you in the other thread, too, but I'll put this here as well:

The homeschool kit includes the student text, the test masters and the answer key.  

It does NOT include a Solutions Manual which I think is the step-by-step guide to each of the problems.  There were a handful of times I wished I'd had it this year, but usually I could puzzle out what we were doing just from lessons in the student text.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think that the homeschool kit comes with text, tests and only the answer key, so the solutions manual needs to be ordered separately.  I would just check whether it's included or not, and if not, I would highly recommend adding it as all the problems are fully solved.

You need the text, the test booklet and the solutions manual.  Some of the older editions have a separate answer key and what you need to double check is if the test answers are in the solutions manual.  In some of the older editions the test answers are only in the answer key and not the solutions manual, but the solutions manual is nice because it shows the problems worked out so if you cannot figure out you can see what they did.

The homeschool kit:

http://smile.amazon.com/Saxon-Algebra-Homeschool-Third-Edition/dp/1565771230/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399938063&sr=8-1&keywords=saxon+algebra+1+homeschool+kit

There's a free online, self-paced class at the Virtual Homeschool Group. It seems to be down for updating, but it does exist and hopefully will be up again soon.

try this link:

http://www.virtualhomeschoolgroup.com/