Menu

Monday's TEACHERS' LOuNgE 5-5-2015

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Monday! Thought while I was taking a break from doing whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing I'd open the Lounge!

Afternoon refreshment includes iced coffee or tea, fresh mango or pineapple slices, and gladly accepted assistance in how to quickly thaw the chicken breasts I should have taken out of the freezer this morning, to a half hour ago! B)

(Whispers: there are also a few slices of plain cheesecake left.)

What's happening in your homeschool world today? I am presently away from my homeschool world, although I am working on my own schooling. This next weekend my friend and I are taking a road trip to go where the "deer and the antelope play", quite literally. In the meantime, my kids and hubby are holding down the fort, while I am ensconced at a 'study retreat'. Basically means I work on my own homework while y friend is working. ;)

What's your weather? Here: breezy and balmy. No, I'm not on the coast or in the islands.

Who's up for a nap? Me! I already had one today but feel like I could use another!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Happy Monday! Thought while I was taking a break from doing whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing I'd open the Lounge!

Afternoon refreshment includes iced coffee or tea, fresh mango or pineapple slices, and gladly accepted assistance in how to quickly thaw the chicken breasts I should have taken out of the freezer this morning, to a half hour ago! B)

(Whispers: there are also a few slices of plain cheesecake left.)

dibs on cheesecake! and some mango slices!

Can you put the chicken in some warm water? Depending on how you are going to cook it, you might not even need to thaw it all the way. (I've been known to start roasting half frozen chiken.)

What's happening in your homeschool world today? I am presently away from my homeschool world, although I am working on my own schooling. This next weekend my friend and I are taking a road trip to go where the "deer and the antelope play", quite literally. In the meantime, my kids and hubby are holding down the fort, while I am ensconced at a 'study retreat'. Basically means I work on my own homework while y friend is working. ;)

I just finished my semester and am relaxing a bit. I've been online a lot these last couple of days as I try and rough out some ideas for my boys HS education for the summer. I'm also looking for a Work From Home Job. I currently have 3PT jobs out side the home, but I managed to have 3 days off which is FANTASTIC, let me tell you!

My kids are really strong in skills, so I'm trying to gradually fold in more content and am looking for ways to do that. Also I've decided to take a 1month break from fretting about math. I have 28 days left until I have to worry about Math for my kids :)

We are going to the park this evening to play on the playground in the cool, peace and quiet. B)

What's your weather? Here: breezy and balmy. No, I'm not on the coast or in the islands.

Weather: warm and dry.

Who's up for a nap? Me! I already had one today but feel like I could use another!

I feel lazy, I haven't been out of the house for more than a few minutes in the last 40 hours. Starting next week its back to business

Talk to me! :bigear:

Gil. Welcome!

The chicken is intended to be broiled and I'm currently at a higher altitude. Think that would still work?

I'd be glad to brainstorm privately with you in regards to job ideas. As for schooling our kids, aren't we constantly thinking and re- thinking? Enjoy the pool!

Afternoon.  It is almost time to fire up the grill for dinner.  I'm grilling Portobello mushrooms and making baby bok choy.  

You know it is two weeks until summer vacation here?  That really is the best part of May.  I also live where the deer and antelope play.    Hope you enjoy it.  

Dibs on the pineapple.

I've actually had an awesome weekend and an awesome Monday. That's so rare I'm tempted to go play the lottery.

The boys camped out last night in the front yard, so that meant the DH and I had the house to ourselves last night, which was really nice. Sleeping outside meant that the boys were wakened by the rooster and the birds at the feeders, so they were up almost with the sun, got some good play in, and started school early. We were done by noon.

Then it was off to town to get paper for art, sunflower seed for birds, and we went to my Mom and Dad's for lunch. Stayed over there to play for a while, watched a Circe video with my mother, and am now home, and my house is cleaned. Actually came in under time, and got a lot more done than usual because the boys were on the ball.

I'm tempted to let them sleep outside every night this summer when the weather is good. :D

I'm trying not to fret about math, either. I've got to get my final list done and off to purchase all my curriculum for the next year as summer term starts at the end of June. I was all set to go with Saxon, and scores were good, but it just was such a time-sink this year. Thinking about a combination of CLE and MM.

Gil. Welcome!

The chicken is intended to be broiled and I'm currently at a higher altitude. Think that would still work?

If you are pressed for time, you might just go for baked chicken (I know this works out fine) but for adventures sake I say: Go For It! Broil that icy bird and let us know what happens! However keep in mind that 1) I have no idea how altitudes effect cooking. I only know that it does because I read the Betty Crocker boxes! 2) I don't much about the finer points of cooking!

I'd be glad to brainstorm privately with you in regards to job ideas. As for schooling our kids, aren't we constantly thinking and re- thinking? Enjoy the pool!

Yeah, we will! The boys are changing now so I guess thats my cue to get ready. Bye for now!

Hi ya, Scrap!  Am I too late?  I've been out and about scurrying to and fro.  

Right now some chicken basted with olive oil, lemon and Italian seasoning is in the oven.  So are some yam fries.  Cut tomatoes are ready to go right on the table.  I think I need to scrounge up one more thing - maybe a salad.