Menu

MFW cycle second time around ?

Loowit

We started MFW cycle (2-8) a number of years ago and are going to be starting 1850-modern times next year.  Looking ahead I noticed that if we go back and do ECC after that then my middle will finish the cycle with CtG and then the next year he would start high school with Ancients, so it would be the same time frame two years in a row.  I am thinking about skipping ECC, but then I am not sure if I should go back and do a year of ECC for my youngest who has never done it or just skip it altogether for him.

Is it possible he'll get MORE out of Ancient TImes because he just went over that information the previous year?

I know we did the same subject over year after year sometimes in public school history -- but in more depth and it didn't cause a problem.

My oldest started MFW in 2nd grade before they wrote ADV; therefore we started with ECC.  So she did ECC in 7th, CTG in 8th, and AHL in 9th (and whl in 10th, us1 in 11th, 12th grade US2 and graduated last week).    She did not mind at all doing CTG and AHL back to back.  She knew it going into 8th grade that I wouldn't make her do more in history in CTG because of that, but instead I'd ask her to do more in learning home skills, writing, archery, and "other" stuff to do before counting high school credits.  and in 9th grade, it was fine..

It worked fine for us.    oh, wait.. MFW did save that post on their board where my daughter wrote a little bit more about that ctg then ahl...  here.. 

http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4885&p=84905&hilit=mfwstudent#p84905

hope some of her experience and thoughts help with your decision.  She's off to college in a few short weeks.. comp. sci major.