Menu

Calling all shoppers - Need help picking picture outfits for my kids

aggieamy

The title really says it all.   :laugh:   I have no nice pictures of DD (almost 10) and DS (6 mos today!).  I'm taking them today to get pictures taken and realize that I have picked out outfits that don't coordinate and just don't look nice.  

I'm planning on making another appointment and I could use some help picking out outfits for them.  It's so stressful to me because I am a boring fashion person.  I wear the same style dress with a scarf almost every day.  Seriously.  Every day.  Today I jazzed things up by wearing a pink scarf.  

Here's the criteria:

• DD wears a size 16 in girls or a size 2 in ladies so all those awesome stores that sell matching kid outfits won't work
  • DS wears 9 or 12 mos outfits
  • I prefer very classic clothing - DD and I both wear a lot of Lands End
  • It can be dressy or casual or whatever.  I don't care about that as long as they look like they belong in the same picture.  (Right now they don't - DD looks dressed up for Easter and DS looks like he should be golfing.)
  • I am open to interesting styles but nothing neon.
  • Bonus points if I can buy it online
  • Bonus points if it is less than $150 for both outfits

And .... GO!

We had a family photo taken last fall for our family of 19, with the youngest being 3 months.  Our photographer made some suggestions that really helped getting all us looking like we belonged in the same photo.

Choose 2 main colors.  (We chose denim and light brown)

Choose a complentary color.  (We chose light blue)

Choose one neutral.  (We chose off white)

Some had on blue jeans, some had on khaki skirt, corderoy, DH work a sport jacket, it all worked.

THere are lots of ideas on Pinterest for coordinating family photos.

DD9 wore this dress for Easter: http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/PRD~4201352S14SD3588/kc+parker+Polka+Dot+Dress+Girls+7+16.jsp?off=5&rCode=0438507944532&ZZ%3C%3EtP=4294923540&ZZ%3C%3Et=parker&ZZ_ST=parker&fO=AND%28Category_Path%2CNOT%28P_IS_PRODUCT_SEARCHABLE%3AN%29%29&ZZ_OPT=Y&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395191292&bmUID=kmOmWSq

Looks like Belk only has it in stock up to size 12, but I know it goes to 16.

DS3 wore a sailor suit in navy blue with white and red.

They looked great together without being too matchy-matchy if you know what I mean.

DD9 wore this dress for Easter: http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/PRD~4201352S14SD3588/kc+parker+Polka+Dot+Dress+Girls+7+16.jsp?off=5&rCode=0438507944532&ZZ%3C%3EtP=4294923540&ZZ%3C%3Et=parker&ZZ_ST=parker&fO=AND%28Category_Path%2CNOT%28P_IS_PRODUCT_SEARCHABLE%3AN%29%29&ZZ_OPT=Y&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395191292&bmUID=kmOmWSq

Looks like Belk only has it in stock up to size 12, but I know it goes to 16.

DS3 wore a sailor suit in navy blue with white and red.

They looked great together without being too matchy-matchy if you know what I mean.

Ooh.  That's really pretty.  I wonder how I could get a larger size ...

Check the Gap's uniforms. I used them for matching photo clothes and they come in neutral colors such as white, light blue, khaki, etc. Ver classic and a wide variety of sizes. Check the size chart to see if they work for your DD. Then it shouldn't be too hard to find something for DS that goes with DD. Maybe they can both have white polos and navy bottoms or something, or he can add a v-neck.

There's a sale now: http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=1006809&departmentRedirect=true#department=48