Menu

what is the different between Dolciani Accelerated pre Algebra and Dolciani Pre Algebra

Hi,

I am going to buy Dolciani for prealgebra but what is the difference between the Accelerated and the "regular" version?  And which one do I buy?  My children are just basic learners, not gifted or super smart so I assume I go with just the pre algebra version, but I wanted to make sure before I make the purchase.

Thanks

pam

From what I've read on these boards, the accelerated version goes through the topics much faster. My dd is also a "basic learner"; I got this regular version for her.

If you buy the books used on Amazon, you can get them for under $10 with shipping. So, if your budget permits, you can get both and compare. Or you can look for them at the library.

Thanks, everyone! The more I think about it, MM is a solid program and she recommends Dolciani's Pre-Algebra as well, so with Khan Academy, Alcumus, and AOPS' videos I should be more than good to go :)