Menu

Refurbished Kindle Fire?

Spryte

I am considering getting DS a Kindle Fire for the immersion reading aspect (he has vision issues, and I think this would be helpful).  

We are mostly iPad people here, so we don't have a need for the apps or online capabilities.  We each have Kindle Paperwhites already, and of course - I wish they did Immersion Reading on those.  But since they don't, I'm considering the refurbished Fires.  I don't want to spend much on this, as it seems silly when we all have iPads and Paperwhites already.

Anyone have experience with a refurbished Kindle Fire?  The website says Kindle Fire 2nd Gen and up support Immersion Reading, so those are the ones I'm checking out.

Any thoughts?

I don't know about immersion reading, but my Kindle Paperwhite is refurbished and I've had no problems with it. If it comes from Amazon it will come with the same warranty as a new one but at a lower price. My Fire (which I bought new) is a 2nd Gen. I'm happy with it even though the later ones have more bells and whistles. I think as long as it does what you need it to do, it will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a refurbished Fire and a refurbished Kindle touch. They work perfectly. Also have a refurbished Samsung tablet purchased through Amazon and a couple other refurbished devices. No problems with any of them, though one or two came with a couple minor cosmetic scratches in the casing. Nothing worse than I put in them in the first day of use anyway, though. :D