Menu

Toms.com

Night Elf

Has anyone ordered directly from the Toms website? Are the sizes really true? I usually wear an 8, so would a size 8 be a good choice? How is customer service? If the shoes don't fit I want to return them for a different size. Is it a hassle? I'm not sure of a store around here that sells Toms. The one shoe store we go to most often has knock offs, Bobs.

I have ordered from the Toms website.  I wear a size 5, and the size 5 in Toms fits perfectly.  I tried them on in a local store, but the price online was better because of a coupon.  Their customer service was fine for me.  I got my shoes quickly.  I haven't ever returned anything or had a problem so I am not sure how they handle any of that.

Suzanne

Some stores carry them...  I think Nordstroms used to, anyway.  I've also seen them at some smaller, trendy shoe stores.

A few of my daughters have gotten them, and they run very true to size.  My sz.8.5 daughter gets the 8.5 and they fit perfectly and actually lasted a long time.

Another daughter is a 9 with a wide foot.  The size was good in length, but they popped at the seams eventually due to her width.

Another daughter has a very small, narrow foot, and I thought they'd be too wide on her but they fit her nicely.  I've heard that if your shoe size is small you can sometimes go down to their children's sizes, and then they're cheaper.

I don't know about their returns.  I'd guess they are good.

My experience was that they ran WAY big, I had to eventually go down a whole size from my regular shoe size. If you can try them on at a Whole Foods that would be a good option - I didn't realize when I ordered mine online that I could do that!  But they are good about returns - if you are exchanging, it is free shipping, etc.

I reccomend finding a store and being fitted. Our experience was that they ran way big...especially depending on what style it was (canvas vs lace for us.) Long story, but after ordering the wrong size, we took her to be fitted and we were told that you should buy them a bit tight because they will stretch.