Menu

On a business trip

Night Elf

I don't know how you ladies handle having your DH be away from home for any length of time. DH is on a business trip and I'm not faring well. I'm just grateful this isn't a regular thing. I have to sleep with the tv and lights on because it's too quiet and dark. I've cooked once in the last 5 days. I might cook tonight, we'll see. I'm kind of feeling pizza. :)

I never fully  adjusted to dh traveling. I was exactly like you are.  After a few years I fine tuned it- sleep timer on the tv, eating 'girl food' that he doesn't like when he's away,  and leaving only the kitchen light on.   So it's better than it was, and he travels far less these days, but I still sleep on his side of the bed.  

Hope your dh is home soon- I sympathize with how you feel!

My dh is gone more than he's home! Honestly, it took a bit, but I got used to it. I don't cook as well when he's gone (I have picky kids and it is not as much fun to cook good food for myself), but I don't need a cooked meal every night so the kids and I will have cereal/frozen pizza nights regularly.

Prior to dh working out of town, I didn't really know I was an introvert. But I have learned to enjoy my "me time" and sometimes it is a bit hard for me when dh comes home. 

I'm sure it is more difficult when you are used to having dh in the house. Like I said, it took me a bit to get used to it. I hope you can find a way to enjoy your alone time and then make a plan to do something fun with your dh when he gets back home!

Order the pizza and do what you need to get through it.  I find the nights are the hardest part for me too, and lack of sleep doesn't work well with me.

You can do this though; treat yourself to that pizza and find small ways to pamper yourself or do something you wouldn't waste time on if he was home.

Thanks ladies. He'll be gone for 2 weeks. The longest time we've been apart was 4 days and that was during 9/11. Are, We usually enjoy our weekly take-out, but I think 2 weeks of it will make us very tired of it. :)

Pizza tonight for sure. I might even get dessert!