Menu

Has anyone used K12 French programs?

sarawatsonim

I am interested in enrolling my dd9 into it next year for 5th. We have tried a lot of French programs and I have yet to find one I truly love. I am learning French myself so I am by no means an expert teacher and my ideal would be to hire a tutor but atm that isn't realistic. I was just wondering about any experiences using this program, love, hates, strengths, weaknesses, independent or parental involvement? Thanks. 

We have tried K12 german for elementary students for 2 years. K12 french for a few months. My kids are with a virtual academy. It is independent and fun for the kids but retention is not good unless your child is willing to do the drill games until the vocabulary sinks in.

We are going out. Any other thing you would likd to know I could answer tonight.

ETA:

Grammar is implicitly taught which is unfortunately not how my kids learn. That is for the elementary program which is Powerspeak.

We have tried K12 german for elementary students for 2 years. K12 french for a few months. My kids are with a virtual academy. It is independent and fun for the kids but retention is not good unless your child is willing to do the drill games until the vocabulary sinks in.

We are going out. Any other thing you would likd to know I could answer tonight.

ETA:

Grammar is implicitly taught which is unfortunately not how my kids learn. That is for the elementary program which is Powerspeak.

Thank you. I think she could do the Middle School French 1 or 2, we have enough under our belt to bypass the elementary programs. Bah, I hate decisions. I wish there were more programs available to choose from. But I guess that would make decisions even harder ;)  

Have you tried Duolingo? Our kids love it and it's free! You can use the program on an ipad or computer and compete with friends for points. Not sure on retention yet, but there are many good reviews of it available and our kids enjoy it (ages 7 to 13 studying either French or Spanish).