Menu

Children's books written in Koine Greek?

Hot Lava Mama

We get all kids of those sorts of foreign language books from our InterLibrary Loan program.  I only put about three titles up for ILL's at a time, otherwise it can get confusing.  Our library has a way to digital track ILL's on your account.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.

You can also search YouTube for Winnie the Pooh in Greek as well as The Lorax and some Sesame Street.  We use YouTube a ton.  Often times there are subtitles at the bottom my son can read the words as they are being spoken.  Not exactly the same, but he thinks it is fun.

ETA: The user "Greek Cartoons" has an entire run of shows in Greek.  Many from PBS like Martha Speaks, and many others that I have no clue about.

We get all kids of those sorts of foreign language books from our InterLibrary Loan program.  I only put about three titles up for ILL's at a time, otherwise it can get confusing.  Our library has a way to digital track ILL's on your account.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.

You can also search YouTube for Winnie the Pooh in Greek as well as The Lorax and some Sesame Street.  We use YouTube a ton.  Often times there are subtitles at the bottom my son can read the words as they are being spoken.  Not exactly the same, but he thinks it is fun.

ETA: The user "Greek Cartoons" has an entire run of shows in Greek.  Many from PBS like Martha Speaks, and many others that I have no clue about.

Awesome idea!  I am going to print this out so we can remember to do this!

:)

Hot Lava Mama

The above are all modern Greek.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I just found this:

Where Are The Carrots?: A Story In Koine (AGROS) by T. Michael W. Halcomb et al.

""Where Are The Carrots?" is a short story written in Koine Greek by Dr. T. Michael W. Halcomb and some of his family members. The story revolves around two horses and their missing carrots. Where did the carrots go? Did someone take them? Read and/or listen this fun tale to find out!"

Regards,

Kareni