Menu

Chalk boards...

jonesloonybin

Check out classroom direct

I had a whiteboard last year and hated it because of the smell, things ghosting, and if my kid get marker on their clothes it just doesn't come out.

I use a chalkholder and dustless chalk. No problems here.

I just bought a 3' X 5' board from the above store and it's not a slate board, but it is working really well and was about $140 after the shipping was figured in. I bought the Valu-Rite one and as I said it's not a great as a porcelain or slate but it works really well for us. and the price was very reasonable.

Check out classroom direct

I had a whiteboard last year and hated it because of the smell, things ghosting, and if my kid get marker on their clothes it just doesn't come out.

I use a chalkholder and dustless chalk. No problems here.

I just bought a 3' X 5' board from the above store and it's not a slate board, but it is working really well and was about $140 after the shipping was figured in. I bought the Valu-Rite one and as I said it's not a great as a porcelain or slate but it works really well for us. and the price was very reasonable.

Where do you find dustless chalk? We just found a large chalkboard in my dad's attic, but chalk dust makes me sneeze. I agree with you about the whiteboard though. The ghosting is so annoying.

We have chalkboard paint and I'm going to paint it on 4'x8' MDF boards from the hardware store. I want to be able to lean it against the wall, mount it, or use it on the floor depending on the age of the kids using it.

It covers 100sf so I could probably paint a few (even cut down 1/4" thick sheets into small sizes) then make custom templets by adding colorful glossy paint to parts for writing lines, graphs/grids, games, etc. I have dustless chalk coming from Rainbow Resource this week.