Menu

A sick boy's birthday wish.

IrishMum

A local boy, here in Melbourne, Australia, is suffering with cancer and has a birthday wish. Rafael is turning 10 in a few weeks, and he would love to receive lots of cards for his birthday. If anyone would like to help his dream come true, please send cards to Rafael @ PO Box 1617, Werribee, 3030, Australia.    

You can have a look at the cards my boys have made for Rafael, http://airskull.com/rafaels-birthday-wish/

Thanks!

Two of my kids are making cards. Is this the full address? Google maps say "Werribee Victoria"?

It's Werribee in Victoria, but the 3030 tells the post office the Victoria bit. You can add Victoria or leave it out. 

Thanks so much 67_others. Every card counts :)

Guest submarines

It's Werribee in Victoria, but the 3030 tells the post office the Victoria bit. You can add Victoria or leave it out. 

Thanks so much 67_others. Every card counts :)

Thanks! We'll mail them tomorrow.

Guest submarines

DS9 drew a spider man, and DD5 made two post cards--one with "an imaginary horse", and one with trees.

Do you think it is more fun for him to mail each card separately with cool stamps on them, or to put the 3 in one envelope?

DS9 drew a spider man, and DD5 made two post cards--one with "an imaginary horse", and one with trees.

Do you think it is more fun for him to mail each card separately with cool stamps on them, or to put the 3 in one envelope?

How lovely! 

I put them all in the same envelope, but yeah if I had of thought about it, I might have mailed them separately. My boys did put a home made wax seal on the envelope :) That should be fun to open.

We are on vacation at the moment, but think we will drop a postcard in the mail from each place we visit in the next few days.

I hope he gets a truckload of cards and letters!

What a lovely idea! And have a great holiday :)

We will do this first thing tomorrow.  I've never mailed anything internationally, can someone tell me what kind of stamps and about how much to put on envelope?

Thanks foxbridgeacademy! Hopefully someone in the US can give you the answer to this.

We will do this first thing tomorrow. I've never mailed anything internationally, can someone tell me what kind of stamps and about how much to put on envelope?

Yes, you can just drop it in the post or mailbox...but you will need an international stamp or equivalent US postage stamps. The current cost of an international stamp is $1.15. If I don't have any on hand I have been known to just put on 3 US stamps and send it off, but you can always take it to the PO to be metered:)