Menu

I was surprised

Night Elf

Last night I told my DH I'm ready to get my hair cut. It's probably medium length although I don't know how many inches constitutes medium or long. I'd like about 4 inches off. I'll still be able to wear a ponytail, but it will be small. He surprised me by saying he liked my long hair and would rather I not get it cut. He's always been cool with whatever I want to do with it. He's leaving it to me, of course, but I kind of like that he wants it to stay long. I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't such a hassle to wash.

I haven't colored it in about 3 years. I just got tired of having to worry about my roots. But now I have this lovely silvery gray and I like it. I miss coloring my hair because it livens it up and gives me a different look though. DH likes the gray in my hair too. He says it's mature without looking old.

It's nice to know he likes the way I look even though I don't wear makeup or dress nice every day. I've been feeling like a bum but maybe I'm okay. :)

I think my DH would appreciate it if I cut my hair because I always flip it in his face in bed. :)

I should ask him his thoughts, though. I might be surprised, too.

This gave me a needed smile:)

I pull my hair into a ponytail at night (oh, okay it is mostly always in a ponytail because I am lazy like that). My hubby calls the ponytail 'my attitude' because he swears he can tell my temperament by the height/angle of the 'tail. I apparently routinely allow him to gauge the 'tude by flipping said ponytail into his face whilst he is trying to sleep. It is in the contract:)

I'm lazy, too. I always have mine in a halfway pulled through ponytail or clipped up with floppy top during the day. But, it hurts my scalp to tie it up all night, too. Problem is then, I don't want it on my neck or I roll over on it so I lift and flip or let it rain down right into hubby's face when he's trying to spoon cuddle. LOL

My husband loves long hair on me. Mine is so heavy and thick that it causes headaches. His criteria for long is able to run this fingers through it. I have a pixie cut now and we have had a few disagreements about the length but ultimately he says "it's your hair". I'm in he process of growing it out now