Menu

Please Vote to Name Our Project

mom2bee

Please Vote  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Sounds like a Good Name for a Poetry Site?

• Poetree (Poet + Tree -- the pun is meant to be poetic)
    • goPoet
    • SpeakN
    • goet (Go+Poet)

It is a lite-weight social network site that is poetry-centric.
Please, please, please--if you are reading this: VOTE. This is a big issue between my team mates and I and we have all agreed to go along with the majority vote. UNLESS the professor over-rides it (And he has reserved that right)

I don't care for most of the names but Poetree will suffice. Are these the only names your team could agree on as choices?

I hate group projects :cursing: . I hate group projects :cursing: . I hate group projects :cursing: . I hate group projects :cursing: . I hate group projects :cursing:

They are all I could come up with. Its a team of 3 but the other 2 students don't do much. The team is made up of ME, BD and NJ.

BD will do little more than remain vaguely pleased or displeased but won't make any real suggestions because she doesn't want to actually have to FOLLOW threw with any of them. NJ will only complain or aggressively shoot down my suggestions and say how much she dislikes options A-Z but can't/won't come up with anything else.

I told them my name ideas and they didn't like them but can't think of anything either. I am open to suggestions but they haven't made any besides--"Not those, they're dumb!"

I hate group projects :cursing: . I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate group projects!!!

I told them from day one that I have a corny sense of style/design and that they could pick the color scheme--they haven't. That they should come up with name suggestions--they haven't. That they should help with the design/layout--they haven't. That they should help me write content--they haven't. I had to ask/text/email/call/beg/bribe/cajole them just to get a 5 bullet point biography from each of them!!!!

Now we only have several hours and though they complained about the name BD can't help because she's going out before work tonight. and NJ won't help because she has to read 8 chapters for a test tomorrow that she's known about since Week 2 of class.

Did I mention that...I hate group projects :cursing: .

I was always the leader in my group projects in college. The much younger than me students knew I'd work hard to get a good grade so they just hemmed and hawed knowing I'd step up to the plate and they'd just get to put their name on my work.

Of the ones you list, I like poetree. I don't have any other suggestions. Kudos to you for coming up with more than one to consider!