Menu

This is what I want, but does it exist?

Home'scool

I have been thinking lately that I would love to have a few days away by myself. I have never travelled alone before and am not the most adventurous person. I am not looking to explore around anywhere or necessarily go into a restaurant alone -that would make me feel awkward.

I would love to do a spa weekend where the schedule is laid out for me. I just want to wake up and be pampered in a quiet environment where I can be left alone to read and relax and not feel out of place because I am by myself. Does this type of place exist?

Has anyone done anything like this before?

I am sure if you are willing to pay, you can find tonnes of them

Check out Canyon Ranch. Not sure where you live, but I have been to the one in  Lennox, MA. It was a 40th birthday gift from my DH and I went alone and I had a good time. I didnt make any great new friends or anything but didnt feel awkward and it was very relaxing

I am sure if you are willing to pay, you can find tonnes of them

Check out Canyon Ranch. Not sure where you live, but I have been to the one in  Lennox, MA. It was a 40th birthday gift from my DH and I went alone and I had a good time. I didnt make any great new friends or anything but didnt feel awkward and it was very relaxing

I have been looking into the Canyon Ranch but how does it work? Do you pay to stay and then pay a la carte for the spa services or is there one flat fee you can pay?

I have been looking into the Canyon Ranch but how does it work? Do you pay to stay and then pay a la carte for the spa services or is there one flat fee you can pay?

The package included stay/food and some services. I had a massage and facial if I remember correctly. I think a certain $ value worth of services is included and I think you could also take all the classes. All the exercise/yoga/pool classes were free. I remember attending a beading class also, not sure if there was a limit of the number of those classes. 

when I went, there were people who came in groups and got great discounts. I think they were strangers who by word of mouth knew of a group and got into the group and probably paid much less than what I was paying individually. 

when I came back, I remember googling for such groups and did find some groups that you could join just for the booking but then do your own thing when you got there. Maybe you can even ask the group reservation desk if there is a group coming during the time that you can join. They may say no, but i guess it doesnt hurt to ask

Yes, I want to do the exact same thing at Omni Bedford Springs Resort in PA :)

In PA, nemacolin is another place to check out. its a great family resort also. 

Nemacolin

We rented an apartment on the property through VRBO and then could use the facilities and the ski place etc. you pay extra for the spa services.