Menu

You will never guess how I spent most of my day...

shanvan

...on a ladder chopping ice off the roof and removing it from gutters.  We had water coming in the house b/c it had nowhere to go.  Dh is at work and it's a new job, so he can't come home to deal with it.  I am sore.  I think I am going to be even more sore tomorrow.  

Now I'm supposed to groom the dog.  IF I don't do it soon, I probably will not do it at all.  

Anyway....I am making an invoice to place at my husband's seat for him to see at dinner.  Originally I was going to bill him hours, (just my odd sense of humor) but now I'm thinking I'll put down services he can pay me back with.  What should I write other than doing dishes?  I can't write groom the dog.  He doesn't know how and showing him would take longer than doing it myself.

massage! and I would call him before he heads home and suggest he bring home dinner LOL

eta: or dessert. The more fattening the better.

I would love to do just that, but if we are all at the mercy of waiting for him to stop for dinner I'm afraid we'll be ready for bed long before we get dinner!

Ds is taking over making the beef stew for me.  He wanted to help me outside, but I didn't want him on a ladder.

I would love to do just that, but if we are all at the mercy of waiting for him to stop for dinner I'm afraid we'll be ready for bed long before we get dinner!

Ds is taking over making the beef stew for me.  He wanted to help me outside, but I didn't want him on a ladder.

Same here for our household. DH doesn't get in till 1am but has been known to bring home krispy kreme donuts on my worst days :D I wait up those nights, lol!

Is this an ongoing thing between the two of you?  Where you bill each other for services?  LOL

No.  I have to admit I'm a little peeved that he didn't realize the problem needed to be handled before it came to this.  But, I guess his dad never bothered to teach him home maintenance.  And, after the day I've had, I want full recognition for my labors, maybe even worship.  I've got a terrible attitude.  I'm admitting it, so I hope I get credit for that too.

ETA: It might become an ongoing thing if I get stuck with any more jobs like that! 

You didn't want your 15yo on the ladder? Out of pure nosiness - why?

Don't forget to add warm drink delivery and 100% control of the remote to your list.

It took me a total of 5 hours (breaks now and then) and I'd have to stay there to watch him (ice & snow) and he had lots of school work that needed to be done.  He's also a little paranoid about safety issues.  I'd rather he work on a ladder for the first time in the spring/summer.