Menu

InCoWriMo?

thessa516

I know quite a few people here participate in NaNoWriMo, but do we have any InCoWriMo participants?

International Correspondence Writing Month begins February 1st. It's the Vintage Social Media! 

I'm debating on participating, but at the very least, I'll be sure to pen a letter or two in honor of the month. I've been browsing the website, and oh my!, I need to brush up on my handwriting skills. There are some beautiful handwriting samples, gorgeous stationery, and lovely stamps in the blog archives under Letters du Jour.

Anyone participating? Considering it?

AMDG

I LOVE writing to people and do it on a note card from time to time -- fairly often, really. I haven't written a letter, though, since my grandmother's cousin passed away. She was the last of the old ones. Alas.

I would love to play but couldn't think of a single person to write. I would really love to . . . Well . . . Yes, I actually can think of a few recipients . . .

I AM IN LIKE FLYNN!

I read the website some more, and the letters don't have to be mailed, only delivered.  So stamps are optional if you can hand deliver them! 

Also apparently there's a trend to leave an encouraging letter for a stranger at a coffee shop or the library or somewhere.  That could be very interesting! 

And they don't have to be letters either, anything that you consider correspondence is fair game.  So a postcard, a notecard, etc.  Just nothing electronic, has to be deliverable (e.g. don't write to dead people) and hand written.

This sounds so fun!

I would love to do something like this!!! How cool! I don't really have 28 folks to write too, but I can certainly try! The only daunting thing is getting the stamps....

I was thinking the same thing about writing to 28 different people.  But I was looking around on the site and it doesn't have to be different people.  You could write all 28 letters/cards/notes to the same person.  

Another thing I saw is that it isn't a hard and fast rule that you must write one letter per day; you have to write 28 by the end of the month. 

I think this could be a really neat thing. I know that I was really surprised a few months ago when someone mentioned how excited they were to get my thank-you note in the mail.  I think it was a welcome surprise amidst all the bills and junk that usually fill the mailbox.