Menu

Did you know....

5LittleMonkeys

that at the bottom of the box you type in there is a link to your saved content?  

For example, if you are typing a post or response and you accidentally close out of your browser, you can go back to re-enter your response or even re-type an original post, click on "view auto saved content" and be able to retrieve what you typed (up to the time it auto saved). 

I've not tested if there is a time limit on being able to retrieve content. All I know for sure is that this is BIG for me.  I can't tell you how many times I've typed up a huge response and then either clicked the back button by accident or somehow exited out of my browser altogether. 

:hurray:

When you start responding to a post, after awhile there will be an auto save of the content you are typing.  Once it auto saves there will be a notice of that auto save in the light blue strip on the bottom of the box you're typing in.  

To test it you can respond to this thread, wait until it auto saves (you'll know because the "auto save" will pop up on the bottom of your box), then click on the back button to go to the previous screen.  Once there click on this thread again and scroll down to the reply box and place your cursor on it as if you are going to type.  Look for the link I mentioned, click on it and your previously typed content should pop up in a new box.  It gives the option to retrieve but that doesn't seem to be working so I just copied and pasted.  

Yes, that is an awesome feature for me. I am ALWAYS getting pulled away mid post. I can come back later (I came back the next day once) and finish posting.

Double bonus - I can type my thoughts and then close my screen when I'm feeling ornery. If I still think my comment is worth making when I come back, I don't have to retype. :laugh: