Menu

Netflix.com or ca?

Question 1:

Do I want the American Netflix or the Canadian Netflix for homeschooling?  We've never done Netflix before so I'm assuming there is a difference between the two?

Question 2:

I believe someone has posted before about a blog where they matched up Netflix movies to different history curriculum, does anyone have the link?

You can't choose. You sign up, go to the site and content is determined by your IP address .

Now, I said you can't choose but you actually can in a way. You can use a program that will mask your address and give you an American one so that you'll access to the

American content. I'm not sure about the legality of that but a little googling might give you some info.

Our default Netflix is Canadian, but on the Wii we have American. It's been a while since I've checked but I think the US version has more documentaries and educational programs. Canadian does have some shows that the American doesn't, but probably not many that would be worth it over the educational content of the other.

I think I have the link to that history site on my computer. I'll post it if I can find it.

fwiw, american netflix dropped a lot of their documentaries.  I've been paying for them elsewhere . . . if dh hadnt gotten suddenly interested in their trashy horror flicks, i would seriously consider dropping it.  It also crashes a lot on my pc.  I use hulu more and the boys mostly watch things on youtube.