Menu

Yep, another Blendtec thread....

Susan C.

Hi,

**Edited: I got it, below are questions**

I have a chance to get a Blendtec. I'm not sure Vitamix is an option, it won't fit under my counter...

Blendtec owners, please tell me about the pre-programmed buttons (its a Classic). Can you stop if the food is blended before time is up, in other words, override it? And why do Vitamix owners keep talking about that tamper, is it that important? I have no objections of stopping and stirring a little, if I can get it to turn off mid-cycle.

thanks!

I wasn't really excited about the preprogrammed buttons, but they've turned out to be useful. You can always press the pulse button to stop the blender anytime, no matter what setting you used. I find I rarely use anything except the preprogrammed buttons just because it's simple to get it started.

I have made things like peanut butter where the tamper would be nice, but I've used Blendtec (and K-tec, way back in the day) products for over 15 years and I've always been satisfied, so when we needed a new blender earlier this year, I stuck with what I knew I liked. You can always stop and stir.

I agree with everything Amira said. :)

I have never found a need for a tamper, and I make nut butters in a mini-twister jar, which sort of scrapes stuff off the sides of the jar and back to the bottom.

For me, the biggest selling points of the Blendtec were that the blades aren't sharp, and the jars are super-easy to clean because of their shape.

If I recall correctly, Costco has the best deal on the Blendtec this season, with the deal at Sam's Club coming in second. :)

OK I got it!! Costco has a special online, $319!!!! Comes with Wildside and Fourside jars!

Thanks!

Congrats!

I use mine frequently, for hummus, soups, & smoothies. The only time the pre-programmed cycles don't work just right are when I don't add enough liquid to my smoothies. Then it's easy to press the down button to stop it, add more liquid, & restart.

It's here! I have secured veggies (for smoothies), raw almonds (for almond milk) and a coconut (for coconut milk?).  The smoothies seem pretty straight forward, except, I hear they will be warm? So how much ice? For the almond milk, I have two recipes, which is best? One is 1 cup soaked almonds w/4 cups water, then I guess don't completely turn to liquid, because a nut bag is mentioned (which I also have). The other just blends the almonds and water, no nut bag. And the coconut, it may be too ambitious, but what to do with that?

And to complicate things further, Amazon put the juicer I want on an irresistible sale.... I am definitely on a very good overload. :)