Menu

Gift idea help please!!

kwickimom

I have a 28 year old sister. She is single and a nurse and has a ton of money so she buys herself whatever she wants. She doesn't have hobbies and is into fashion (which is not my area of expertise but she has a ton of clothes,shoes, purses, etc) She recently bought a house and hasn't really decorated or anything because she is never home. She doesn't cook much.

I need $30 gift ideas- no gift cards. Something practical or meaningful or totally unique. Any ideas??? I am at a loss. She is such a sweet person and a great sister and amazing aunt to my kids that I really wanted to get her something neat. 

If she hasn't decorated her house yet, and you know her style, I'd get her something cool to hang on the wall or put on a table. You could even choose something that's both decorative and functional if you can think of something she needs.

If she is very into fashion and buys what she wants, maybe she hasn't bought things for her home because she's not great at decorating. She might really appreciate something fun for her home.

I agree with the idea of something for her home, and with the idea of working pictures of your kids into it if that's possible. One year I gave my brother and his girlfriend a nice collage frame with pictures of my son with them at various times, and they absolutely loved it. It's still hanging in a place of honor at their home.

If your kids like to paint or draw, perhaps they could make some art for their aunt's walls. Put their pictures in nice frames. This year my brother and his (now) fiancee are getting a really nice painting that Squirrelboy made in art class. I'm paying more than I anticipated to get it professionally framed, but I think they'll absolutely love it so it will be worth it.

sorry trying to respond- my wifi's being crazy today 

Thanks for the ideas! I don't really have a great recent picture of her with the kids but I do have a couple pictures that could do. I will check out snapfish or something and see about getting a canvas or do a photo collage. thanks. 

I love the birdhouse but she is not an outdoorsy person and probably wont appreciate it. She has a tiny yard that she wont spend time in. I do like the address numbers- i will try and find out if she has any on her house ( I can't remember) that would be cool, kind of like making it her "own" house.

Keep the ideas coming, ill look into these thanks!!