Menu

Christmas songs and kids...bound to be a mixed up lyric or 2

swellmomma

So what have your kids mixed up in their singing of christmas songs?  DD14 and I were goofing around on YouTube watching xmas carol parodys, so things like "Police stopped my car"; "white trash christmas" and "Osama got run over by a reindeer".  Only when she went on her way to sing them to ds15 she started with "Obama got run over by a reindeer"  Now with parody's mistakes are more likely to happen I think.

As for real songs, dd6 was trying to sing Frosty the snow man.  She only knew a couple lines and just repeated them but I enjoyed the "was the merry jolly soul" and "corn club pipe"

So what have your kids been mixing up in their singing?  Today was our first day starting up the xmas music so I am sure by xmas there will be lots more mistakes.

Kids?!  A few years ago, I realized that the lyrics to "Winter Wonderland" are "In the meadow we can build a snowman, then pretend that he is Parson Brown".  All these years I thought we were pretending he was "possum brown", which never sounded strange to me.

A friend of mine thought that Silent Night included the words "Round John Virgin" instead of "Round yon Virgin".  He was a kid when he thought that.