Menu

Magic Tree House Research Guides?

SKL

I didn't think they were anything to write home about. Does your library have any of them, so you could see them before you buy them? Your local bookstore may have a few, as well.

I should add that I haven't looked at them in several years, so maybe they have been revised and improved since my ds was into the Magic Tree House series.

LOVE them!  They are non-fiction and rather content-dense for young kids.  My son wouldn't have cared much in another form, but he hung on every word because it came from Jack and Annie.  Years later, he's read all the MTH research guides at least twice.  As we enter a new cycle, we pull some of them out yet again.  They are quite different from the MTH books so it would be ideal if you can take a look at them ahead of time.

My dd and I are currently about 1/2 way through the MTH series. For our quiet time reading we do our current read aloud, our buddy read, and these. I had sort of pooh-pooh'ed the whole series as fluff reading...until I realized that she LOVED them as a stepping stone. It is amazing what you can pack in history/culture/science-wise through MTH!

I bought my kiddo the whole set of MTH books. I doubt she will ever read them again. The fact trackers, however, she LOVES! Again and again. I would actually recommend checking out the series books from the library and just purchasing the fact trackers:)