Menu

Anyone have a schedule for Lively Latin they want to share?

kailuamom

I am. this. close. to finishing dc's binders, schedules for our first day...tomorrow!! I ripped up workbooks, planned out the year, then weeks, then days...except for Lively Latin for my dd 8. I will be up late anyway cleaning up the classroom, etc., so I can do it, I know. BUT, if someone has already done the legwork and would like to share...I wouldn't complain!! :tongue_smilie:

I am very much a planner right down to the number of pages we will read each week but, as for Lively Latin, we just start with a quick flashcard review then do the next page. We try to keep lessons short so we only do one page a day and we just read through the history portion but we don't do any of those activities.

I am very much a planner right down to the number of pages we will read each week but, as for Lively Latin, we just start with a quick flashcard review then do the next page. We try to keep lessons short so we only do one page a day and we just read through the history portion but we don't do any of those activities.

See? I am NOT a planner, but am aspiring to be one! lol This is big for me! But, since you are a planner and this works for you, then I think it will be great for us!

Thanks!

I decided I was going to poke my eyes out if I tried to plan out the whole year and I know the "plan" would be shot by day 3 so I just decided that we will aim for 3 pages a day. That is for my 11 yo though who has already worked through a beginning Latin program. Most of this should be easy for him. Once dd finishes SSL we will take LL at a very slow pace. Like one worksheet a day or sometimes two if they go together. I figure it will take her about 2 years to finish LL but she just turned 7 last week so it is no big deal.

I think maybe I am just going to do the same - a few pages a day. Maybe 1 or 2 since she is younger and has had no Latin yet.

Thanks!

I have scheduled two weeks to do each lesson...

We did this, too, though we are doing 5 days/week - MWF are 15 minutes on vocabulary and chants, TTh are 30 minutes, adding reading / worksheets to the oral practice.

Ironically, I just rescheduled the rest of our year in HST because we blew through the introduction in 3 days. I'm going to leave it at 2 weeks per lesson, though, until we get a couple of chapters with vocabulary under our belt. My dd is 7(and third grade), for what it's worth. (and currently sitting in a box, watching It's a Big, Big World with her brothers while we kill time before supper :001_huh:)

We are also scheduling 2 lessons a week. For my 10 yo this means about 1 hour a week. For my 13 yo, this is much shorter -- but she is also learning Spanish and Latin is just "introduction and exposure" for her. We have Latin scheduled 2 times a week at 30 minutes per lesson.

I was just coming in to ask the same question and thought I better search it first, just in case.

I'm thinking set the timer is a good approach for us. I was surprised to see the length of lesson 1...I was thinking I could do a lesson a day, but I see that's definetly not the way to do it.