Menu

Cartoon type books

My reluctant reader has discovered the graphic novels (think cartoon) of Geronimo Stilton and he's finally found something that he'll willingly read!  :hurray:   I'm wondering if there are other books out there similar?  The busier the page the more it interests him.  It needs to be cartoon like though.  The regular Geronimo Stilton books don't hold his attention like the cartoon ones. 

I'd love to pick up a book or two for Christmas.  Thankfully my library system has the graphic Geronimo Stilton books.   Even if it isn't for Christmas, having a regular supply of reading material that he willingly reads would make this momma forever grateful.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

I can give you a lot of ideas... My boys are both great comic book lovers and I'm a fan as well.

Putting these loosely in order of difficulty...

* The Flying Beaver Brothers (practically an easy reader)

* Squish

* Babymouse (this one is girly, but my boys like her anyway)

* Hamster PI

* Lunch Lady

* Giants Beware

* Zita the Spacegirl

* Amulet (SO GOOD!)

* Missle Mouse

* Bone (a classic - excellent stuff!)

* Calamity Jack and Rapunzel's Revenge

* Oz (there's probably a bunch of Oz incarnations...I forget the author... Eric something... Shanower?)

* Tommy-saurus Rex (Doug Tenapel has a bunch of other titles as well...)

* Mouseguard

There are other titles out there too. One of my boys really liked Salt Water Taffy and they've been doing the Olympians series, for example, but that should get you started. And you can try older things, like Tintin or Astrix and Oblex.

My boys read some more traditional comics as well, such as Tiny Titans (very easy to read), Duck Tales, Justice League Unlimited...

You can also look at manga, though I know less about that. But there are good manga style books of the Studio Ghibli movies.