Menu

How does one save bookmarks on the iPad in case the iPad unexpectantly dies?

Hikin' Mama

The iPad has bookmarks when you are using Safari...just like bookmarks on a computer.  No need for all that complication of iCloud, backing up on computer, Apps, etc etc.  It's two simple taps on the screen.  I don't have my iPad in front of me so I can't explain exactly...and the iOS recently changed, so the buttons changed a bit...so I don't know off the top of my head...but a simple google search will pull up a millions sites with directions but why not go directly to the source, Apple:  (this is for the newest iOS by the way):  See Page 48    http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

The iPad has bookmarks when you are using Safari...just like bookmarks on a computer. No need for all that complication of iCloud, backing up on computer, Apps, etc etc. It's two simple taps on the screen. I don't have my iPad in front of me so I can't explain exactly...and the iOS recently changed, so the buttons changed a bit...so I don't know off the top of my head...but a simple google search will pull up a millions sites with directions but why not go directly to the source, Apple: (this is for the newest iOS by the way): See Page 48 http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

I think you are misunderstanding the question. OP knows how to create a bookmark in Safari, but wants to know how to get them back if the iPad were to ever crash.

Best bet is to sync in itunes on your computer or backup to the cloud.

you can also download chrome to your ipad and use that - if you use it on all of your systems, and sign in, then you will have access to any bookmarks no matter where you are - so when I'm on my ipad, I can look at things that I bookmarked on my desktop, and vice versa. Its pretty sweet - it also maintains my autofills and passwords.