Menu

Sizing in Girls Jeans

Mom0012

My dd has been wearing Justice jeans.  I want to buy some on ebay because we hate how all the jeans in the stores are stretch.

She's been wearing 14S, but those are getting a little tight.  However, 14 regulars are too big.  Would a 16 slim be a good choice?  I'm not sure what the progression is.  14 slim to 14 regular or 14 slim to 16 slim?  What size would she wear in juniors?  Or would juniors be too big?

Thanks!

We went from 14 in girls pants to juniors sizes.  DD wears anything from 0-3, depending on the brand.   We simply went to the mall and started trying on jeans everywhere.  Aeropostale jeans fit my skinny girl really well- as do some of the fits of Old Navy.

I just found that when the size changed from 14 to 16 for girls clothing, that there was SO much less available for a skinny girl.  We've been much happier switching to shopping in the juniors departments, and thank goodness for that, because I like most teen stores at the mall WAY better than Justice.

My 5'1" 82lb 11 yr old went from a girls 12 slim to a junior size 0. I have a feeling there's not much difference between 14 and 16 and 0 and 1. We did notice some girls jeans tend to have bigger waists, so it might be a waist/hip proportion thing? You've got to try them on though. Aeropostale (size 0) and gap (size 25) is what she has now.

Thanks for the info!  I had no idea when she should move into the juniors sizes.  I would love to have some options besides Justice, though they have been okay for jeans and some things.  Looks like I'll have to head to the mall and have her try stuff on before ordering online.

I had a really hard time after 14S - my dd was so thin those were still bunchy in the butt, and she was starting high school!  What finally worked was size 0 Rock Star jeans from Old Navy (all the other cuts were huge on her, even in the same size), and size 00 short (she's only 5'1") from American Eagle.  Oh, and size 24 from Forever 21.

My 5'1" 82lb 11 yr old went from a girls 12 slim to a junior size 0. I have a feeling there's not much difference between 14 and 16 and 0 and 1. We did notice some girls jeans tend to have bigger waists, so it might be a waist/hip proportion thing? You've got to try them on though. Aeropostale (size 0) and gap (size 25) is what she has now.

That was our experience as well. She's a 00-1 depending on cut.