Menu

Heartwarming

MollyAnn

I had a great conversation with my father today. He is 64 and stays active by playing softball in an over 60 city league. When he was in high school he played a lot of sports; basketball, baseball, football.

The high school he went to is in a neighborhood that is still really close and every year the school hosts the reunion, every student from any year is welcome to attend and my dad goes every year. Every year Mr. Rice is there also, he was my dad's government teacher and baseball coach. My dad graduated in 1968 so Mr. Rice is in his late 80s.

The reunion was a couple of weeks ago and my dad sat and talked to Mr. Rice for a while and told him he was still playing ball and Mr. Rice asked him when his next game was. My dad thought he was just being polite, but at the next game Mr. Rice was there to watch him play ball.

I just thought it was really neat that after 45 years my dad's former teacher still wanted to watch him play ball.