Menu

Where to buy area rugs...

Chocolate Rose

We just had our floors put in and I want to buy a carpet runner and a matching small rectangular rug for the entryway. I've looked at Kohl's, JCP, Lowe's, Target, and Walmart. I don't even know where else to look. I haven't liked anything I've seen. I checked JPC online and Overstock.com. Still haven't seen anything I've liked. I'm hoping to find something with burgundy in it and maybe navy blue. Any suggestions? My style is kind of "cottagey". 

Rugsusa.com has some great deals when they are running a sale. If you can't wait a bit they regularly run 70% off deals.

Thank you! I was just looking at that site. I found one I think I like, but am a bit worried about ordering from a place I've never heard of.

Here's the one I'm considering:

http://www.ruglots.com/nourison-somerset-navy-floral-rug-st05.html

What do you think?

Kohl's online has the same one, but for a whole lot more. And, they don't have the smaller matching rug.

I know nothing about rugs and am not good at decorating, so this decision is making me nervous.

I bought a couple from Walmart.com when we moved this summer. The quality isn't the best, but the price more than reflected that. And I liked the fact that I could get free shipping and still be able to return in-store with no $ penalty if they didn't work out.

Thank you!

I found one I liked, but was unsure of the color. It says "berry red".

http://www.ballarddesigns.com/ravinia-rug/rugs/rug/runners/42234

So, I called. The woman said it was more of a burgundy color and definitely not a red red. 

What do you think?

The sale ends tomorrow, so I'd like to make a decision. 

I need opinions...

Thank you!

I found one I liked, but was unsure of the color. It says "berry red".

http://www.ballarddesigns.com/ravinia-rug/rugs/rug/runners/42234

So, I called. The woman said it was more of a burgundy color and definitely not a red red.

What do you think?

The sale ends tomorrow, so I'd like to make a decision.

I need opinions...

I like it very much, very pretty. My sister buys a lot of stuff from Ballard.

Places like TJ Maxx, Ross, etc often have rugs for sale at a good price. Have you checked Pier One?

I didn't think of TJ Maxx or Ross. 

I did look through all the rugs on the Pier One website and didn't find anything I liked. Also, they are not the sizes I need.

Thanks!

I really like it, too, CR! I don't think it looks "berry" at all.

Thanks for looking at it JanieGrace!! I'm really leaning towards this one. I won't make a decision for sure until after work today, but I'm afraid I won't find another one I like.