Menu

What Craft/Hobby Thing are you doing this week? week 11

PrincessMommy

My shipment of LED balloon lights for our Steampumpkins hasn't even left China yet. :glare:  I am pretty mad.  This is way past when it was supposed to be shipped and probably won't be here in time for Halloween.  I won't have money to buy more until the 25th, too.  :cursing:

I got our Sky drive eyepatch made for dd's River Song costume-craft foam thermomolded and painted.  I also have the beginnings of dd's shield.  She wanted a full size Athena shield, so I had to do a plaster cast of the top 4" of my exercise ball because we couldn't find a slightly concave hard circle of the right size at the hardware store and Walmart.  

We spray painted the pumpkins for our Steampumpkins.  Oh, and I have a Treebeard mask about 1/2 done for a friend's son. :) That's wire, foil, and model magic and I'll add real moss and paint it when it's done. 

I am starting to get back into crafting for the fall. I've crocheted a bunch of bean bags that I'm going to give as Christmas presents to my little nieces and nephews. I still have a few more to go. I also crocheted some snowflakes with yarn to see how they would turn out, and they look pretty cute. Now I want to do them in crochet thread and hopefully make enough to send out in my Christmas card swap on another site. Next month I want to do some ruffle scarves with the Starbella/Sashay yarn.

I've been working on some different beeswax projects too.

I am starting to get back into crafting for the fall. I've crocheted a bunch of bean bags that I'm going to give as Christmas presents to my little nieces and nephews. I still have a few more to go. I also crocheted some snowflakes with yarn to see how they would turn out, and they look pretty cute. Now I want to do them in crochet thread and hopefully make enough to send out in my Christmas card swap on another site. Next month I want to do some ruffle scarves with the Starbella/Sashay yarn.

I've been working on some different beeswax projects too.

What beeswax projects?  I'm wondering because I have a bunch of beeswax votive candles that don't stay lit.  I'm thinking of melting them and redoing them differently (these are the bigger votives, not the tea-light types).  I'll have a lot of beeswax.  Anyway, I've never done anything with beeswax before.

What beeswax projects?  I'm wondering because I have a bunch of beeswax votive candles that don't stay lit.  I'm thinking of melting them and redoing them differently (these are the bigger votives, not the tea-light types).  I'll have a lot of beeswax.  Anyway, I've never done anything with beeswax before.

Debbi, I am leading a 4-H project this year on honeybees and part of the project is doing some crafting with beeswax. So far we made beeswax lip balm. I experimented at home with the recipe and then we made some in the project. It turned out really nicely. Next month I want to try some beeswax molded candles, but I will experiment at home first to see what works best. I've read that the wick is usually the problem with candles that don't want to stay lit - I need to shop around and get a really good quality wick. Anyway, this will be an ongoing thing throughout the year.