Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 9/29-10/5

Negin

I think maybe I should start posting my workouts. Just starting up again since my daughter was born, about two years between the two pregnancies without working out, so I'm definitely at a much lower level than I am used to.

Today was cardio - storming outside, so stayed inside.

Workout:
  • Dot Drills (each 5x)
    • Up and Back
    • Right Foot
    • Left Foot
    • Both Feet
    • Turn Around
  • Speed Ladder Drills (There and back = 1 rep, each 2x)
    • Hop Scotch
    • In-Out 
    • Lateral Feet
    • Tango
  •  50 Jump Rope
  • 5 Burpees
  • 10 stairs

<p>I think maybe I should start posting my workouts. Just starting up again since my daughter was born, about two years between the two pregnancies without working out, so I'm definitely at a much lower level than I am used to.Today was cardio - storming outside, so stayed inside.Workout:

• Dot Drills (each 5x)
    • Up and Back
    • Right Foot
    • Left Foot
    • Both Feet
    • Turn Around
  • Speed Ladder Drills (There and back = 1 rep, each 2x)
    • Hop Scotch
    • In-Out
    • Lateral Feet
    • Tango
  • 50 Jump Rope
  • 5 Burpees
  • 10 stairs

What are Dot Drills?

Goodness Faithe, take care of yourself!

We went bikeriding w/ the kids yesterday but it was a slow ride for me as I was riding along w/ the 3.5 yo. I did get in 3 sprints as well, ds is getting fast enough now that I have to have a head start to have a chance at winning- hooray for hollow victories! I haven't had much energy the past 2 days due to the baby waking up to nurse so much but last night she slept great so I'm feeling much better today.

Way to go Faithe!  I do love that feeling, when you can just keep going like that.  It's been a while since I've felt that.  Hopefully someday soon.

I ran 3 miles this morning, then I did 50 push-ups (on my knees), core work (5 different exercises, doing 10 each), and I'm working on getting in some negative chin-ups.  I've done 1 set of 2 so far.  The goal is 5 sets today.  Plus I spent some time in handstand with my feet up the wall. 

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up and did some restorative yoga (for insomnia) on YogaGlo.  It still took me another hour to fall asleep, but I think it was helpful. They have a few shorter routines (I did 30 minutes), which I think I need to do before bed so I don't have such a hard time falling asleep. 

What are Dot Drills?

http://www.theglowingedge.com/agility-dot-drills/

Today, 1x:

• 60 body weight squats
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 knee pushups
  • 30 inverted rows
  • 1 minute planks

I feel so weak, two years ago I could push out 60 push-ups no problem.

I'll do this workout 2 more times today, for a total of 3 sets. Hard to do too much at once with the kiddos needing attention.

Plus I spent some time in handstand with my feet up the wall. 

I can't do anything with my head lower than my body. I instantly become nauseous. I can't even do some yoga poses for that reason. I must have really messed up inner ears.

I did 20 minutes of Denise Austen yoga this morning and Jillian Michaels yoga this afternoon. I have blisters on my feet from our visit to the zoo yesterday so I'll be doing barefoot type workouts for a bit.

I did 45 mins of yoga this morning, and I just got done swinging the kettlebell.  Last night I was thinking about how much I miss swinging it, so I've decided to add swings to my daily routine.  I'm aiming for 10,000 swings this month, so today I did 400.  Harder than I thought. :)  My morning yoga was too hard if I'm going to add swings to my routine.  I need to stick to gentler practices.  

I enjoy going upside down.  The thing I can't do in yoga is the fast breathing with the twisting (done in Kundalini).  It makes me feel like I'll pass out.  In every type of exercise, if it feels wrong or really bad, do not do it. :)  

Rebounding.

I love henna. Anything special going on?

Nope, nothing special. Just time to redo my henna treatment. I use Lush Henna - the Caca Noir (black/indigo) shade. Love it. Love how it makes my hair feel. I could do it all in one day with one application, but I did my research and read all the reviews. It seems to do best when spread out over a few days. 

Sigh. The baby has kept me up nursing for 2 nights straight. I feel absolutely dead. It is doubtful there will be any exercising today, I'm just hoping for a decent school day. Every time I think we are getting settled and somewhat back to normal the baby has to remind me otherwise.

This morning I ran 3 miles, did 400 kettlebell swings, and 50 push-ups.

I did 100 swings as a warm up, then ran, then did 300 more swings.  I'm going to have to split it up, because it took too much time this morning.  I think on running days I'll do the 100 swing warm up, then 100 after the run, then the other 200 later in the day, either 10 minutes at once or 5 minutes at a time. 

And right now, my hamstrings and gluts are feeling it.  

I strained/hurt my sacro-iliac last summer and haven't done any actual exercise since yoga was irritating it.  then working in my yard was  . . well .. . work. (gardening on a slope that really should have been divided up by retaining walls is not the same as gardening in the flats.)

I *finally* did yoga again yesterday.  I was surprised how flexible I still am - I had expected to have lost more.

This was an awful week!! After my long run on Sunday, I realized I pulled my hamstring on my last mile. :-(. I worked it out best I could....but....blah!

Went to spin class Monday and did a 1/2 @ssed ride....I was afraid to repull, so ended up in bad form with sore shins.

Went to the massuese on Tuesday....Rested. Broke a tooth in half just sitting and minding my own business.

Wed: spent day in ER with dh. he has cellulitis.....took an hour in between to have tooth repaired. Went for a very slooooowwww stroll with BFF.

Thursday played nursie all day...exhausting!!

Friday went to restorative Yoga.

This morning: up early for Boot Camp/ Cycle combo before anyone else in this house wakes up!

Looking forward to working out HARD! Legs feel all better and the rest from hard workouts did me some good. Ready to get back in it.....going to be a long week up ahead, and I need a clear brain to deal.