Menu

Secular timeline cards

Papillon Mom

I love the beauty of the classical conversations timeline cards but... We treat the religious cards as myth and there is a very conservative slant to many cards that I really don't care for. I'd like secular cards of the same quality to fill in the blanks and use in addition to. I have a prehistoric/evolution timeline but I was wondering if a secular and more liberal interpretation of history set of large visually pleasing timeline cards existed.

Please don't say, I'm out of luck.

Yeah, sorry, I think you are out of luck.  The only ones like that I know of are Veritas Press and Classical Conversations.  Both of which are Christian.  Although it would be fairly easy to take out the objectionable cards.  We are LDS so a lot of the religious stuff is fine, but I am still taking out a few of the later cards (we're using CC ones) like Billy Graham and one about a missionary couple in 60s because they just aren't relevant to us.  It is a shame to spend so much on them only to use part of them, and you'd have to look at a list of all the cards to see if it would still be worth it.  Many of the religious events are still important historically, though, so you might not have to get rid of too many.

Would the Time Line Cards from Mary at Tending Our Lord's Garden work for you?  Her cards follow STOW, are well done and the price is right.  If Mary reads this, thank you for the wonderful resource!

Here's a link to her blog:

http://tendingourlordsgarden.blogspot.com/?m=1

STOW volume 1 card link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55440923/SOTW%20Vol%201.Ancient%20Times.Time%20Line%20Cards.pdf