Menu

Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology - Ages???

melissamomof5

It depends how advanced they are.  My child was 9 when we did this book but she is very advanced in LA so her comprehension and writing skills allowed her to get a lot out of the program.  It was probably her favorite year of science but part of it was because the book was so challenging (she enjoys a good challenge when it comes to science).  My experience would be that your younger child would not get much out of it and it would likely be quite over their head.  I have kids that age right now and I won't be doing this book with them for a few years yet.  It's a very meaty book.  You might be happier waiting another year (or two) to do this one. :)

I am doing it with my 9 and 11 year old.  (5th and 6th grades) Both are above average in most academic areas.  It is right at their level.  Not too hard not too easy.  I tried reading along with my almost 7 year old twins and dropped it for them.  Just too much.  I want science to be interesting.  I am doing the Human Body Detectives with them.  Or I should say I am hoping to start that with them next week