Menu

Pandia Press 25% off sale (and a question about HO timeline)

happypamama

Since someone alerted me that they usually have this sale in September, I was watching for it (and just got a couple of levels of HO to use toward the end of this year/beginning of next -- almost certainly before next year's sale, so I'm really glad I didn't miss it this year). Thought I'd pass it along!

Also, the timeline. It seems quite expensive, and I don't really have a place for a wall timeline anyway, so I was thinking a book format would be better. Has anyone made their own timeline, and if so, would you mind sharing how you did that?

I bought it and found it to be very overpriced for the quality. It is indeed three hold punched for a binder, but the paper is very, very thin. It ripped the very first time I put it in a binder. I have reinforced the holes to keep it from ripping more, but for what I paid I expected better. I don't consider myself a particularly picky person, it is unusual for me to find something flat out unacceptable. This was very disappointing.

For anyone wondering about this program, I bought Levels 1 and 2 of early modern, and I am so impressed! I'm looking at the Level 2 for 6th-7th grade, and I'm thinking, "THIS is what I want for that age, the jump between just learning the facts and learning to apply them." There's writing and synthesizing and *thinking* included in the program that is stuff that I wasn't directed to do back in 7th grade, even in a pretty good school. I'm reading assignments out loud to DH, and he's nodding along with me. I think this is going to have been money well-spent. (Although, I do think it'll be a jump for both kids in workload, so I expect I will need to do some serious hand-holding at least for a while.)

As for the timeline, I think I am just going to print pages with dates in 25-year increments across the top, and we'll see how it goes.