Menu

How to find inexpensive used smartphone??

LNC

My 15yo son with special needs uses my old smartphone as an "ipod" with wireless. He loves youtube and pandora as well as a few apps on it. He dropped it in a parking lot and didn't tell me before we were down the road. By the time we returned it was stolen.

I had to change all our passwords just in case. Grrr.  But, now what do I do??? It was the phone that I had before I updated. Can you buy a decent used phone inexpensively?  Where is a reputable place?  I don't want to buy something stolen and I don't want to spend more than $30 since he won't keep up with it.

Thanks for any advice.

Honestly, it depends on the smart phone.  If you don't mind getting a no-name, you might be able to find something on ebay or something?  Idk... $30 doesn't sound all that likely though, honestly, for a smart phone... but we always price the bigger name ones, so I'm out of the loop on other stuff.  

$30?  Probably not.  

I have sold old phones on Craigslist.  No guarantee it hasn't been stolen but plenty of people do sell their old phones on Craigslist. I look for those who have the box, cords and instructions and where the price isn't too good to be true and the phone has been obviously used.  If someone is selling just the phone with an aftermarket cable, I assume it's stolen, especially if it is a newer phone model. Also, if you are on a local board for homeschooling moms or your neighborhood it doesn't hurt to post a WTB ad.  Someone may have something sitting in a drawer collecting dust and be happy to pass it on for extra cash.