Menu

High Quality Riding Boots for Everyday

4Kiddos

I was wondering if you all could help me out! I have been looking for a pair of high quality riding boots with a low heel that will last a long time. I am willing to spend more if they will last! But, I feel completely overwhelmed, especially looking online. I bought two pairs from Amazon but they did not fit (yea for free returns!!!).

I am looking for a pair with low heels and that come up to my knees or just below. Can anyone recommend a brand or a specific pair that have lasted for you? What ones have you purchased that you absolutely love? Where do you shop for boots? I would appreciate your help so much.

ETA: I wanted to clarify that I am not looking for boots to ride horses with. Just the boots that you wear everyday with skirts, dresses, jeans, etc.

Frye. Not cheap but if you sign up for amazon emails on shoes you'll get a 20% off code. A few times a season various retailers will have deals that bring them down closer to 200 or even lower. I have 2 vintage pairs (one thrifted, one vintage deadstock from ebay) and they have worn really, really well. Read reviews because some have various quirks (some have higher shaft heights that might hit uncomfortably at the back of your knee depending on your height, for example). I'd also aim for a place with free shipping and free returns.

Ariat and Justin are 2 brands that I have.  Then again my boots are multipurpose as I use them for riding and then clean them up to wear other places.

Check out Rod's in Columbus Ohio for great fashion boots.  Places like Valley Vet or Horse.com have lots of boots that are fashionable but also hold up to real use.

FYI, be careful choosing riding boots that you probably don't want real live horse riding boots. They typically have almost no footbed support or cushioning since they are meant for riding, not walking. I used to ride and have an adorable pair of low boots that I wear for cuteness factor sometimes, but my feet always pay the price since i am walking essentially on a layer of hard leather, and that is it. They are very comfy for riding or sitting, but not for being on my feet!