Menu

Headphones make dd feel like knives are poking her ears...

What would you think? She has been doing fastfoword which requires headphones. The problem is that she hates headphones, even the good quality ones. I think we have six different kinds. Today she finally broke down enough during fastfoword she said it felt like 1000 knives were poking her ears. She has had three tube surgeries for her ears, so maybe some scar tissue. What would any of you think?

It could be a hyper-sensitivity to a specific frequency range?

Where her description of feeling like a 1,000 knives, suggests that it is with higher frequency range?

Does the FF kit have what's called an Equalizer, which has separate volume controls, for the different frequency ranges?

Though it's something that you should really discuss with Fastforward, as it really needs to be sorted out, if the program is be effective.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you switch to using surround sound speakers on stands, one on each side in a quiet room instead?  I used to facilitate FFWD and can't think of why that wouldn't work.  

I have extremely sensitive ears and don't like the pressure or heat when my ears are covered.  The foam lined ones feel prickly to me and the plastic wrapped pads create a suction that really bothers me.

Can you switch to using surround sound speakers on stands, one on each side in a quiet room instead?  I used to facilitate FFWD and can't think of why that wouldn't work.  

I have extremely sensitive ears and don't like the pressure or heat when my ears are covered.  The foam lined ones feel prickly to me and the plastic wrapped pads create a suction that really bothers me.

Thanks for this input. I will look more into this for her.