Menu

Nashville, TN?

Wabi Sabi

I'll be driving through Nashville this afternoon and would like to stop with the kids for a few hours before getting back on the road. Any suggestions of fun, inexpensive things to do with a 5 year old and an 8 year old? They wouldn't particularly be into anything like the Grand Ol'Opry or the Ryman (things *I* would do if it was just me.)Also, what about restaurant suggestions for something that is iconically Nashville? We'll probably have a few hours to do something fun, eat dinner, then get back on the highway for some more driving.

The Parthenon is located in Centennial Park and is a whole bunch of fantastic. There's a neato soda shop just around the corner, I think it is still there, anyway. Opryland Hotel may be even better if you've never been here. There is a new place downtown, The Row, with excellent food, lots of Nashville nostalgia, and you can walk around Vanderbilt!

Opryland Hotel is gorgeous, and Oprymills shopping mall is close by where you could get something to eat.

We were just there last week for a visit.  This is definitely the cheapest option.  The hotel is huge, they have location signs all through.  Gorgeous inside.  I don't know if it would appeal to your age kids.  The mall has both a Rainforest Restaurant and a Aquarium Restaurant.  Not cheap places to eat.  But either one would be an event for your kids.  We loved eating at Rainforest when we went down to Disney and were in the mind set for spending that much on food.  There is also the usual food court option.

My youngest is 12 and we were not there to do it on the cheap.  If they have read Percy Jackson or seen the movie, the Parthenon with an Athena statue is in the middle of town.  It's about $6 each to go in.  But I don't remember seeing any place to eat close by.

We were just there last week for a visit.  This is definitely the cheapest option.  The hotel is huge, they have location signs all through.  Gorgeous inside.  I don't know if it would appeal to your age kids.  The mall has both a Rainforest Restaurant and a Aquarium Restaurant.  Not cheap places to eat.  But either one would be an event for your kids.  We loved eating at Rainforest when we went down to Disney and were in the mind set for spending that much on food.  There is also the usual food court option.

My youngest is 12 and we were not there to do it on the cheap.  If they have read Percy Jackson or seen the movie, the Parthenon with an Athena statue is in the middle of town.  It's about $6 each to go in.  But I don't remember seeing any place to eat close by.

If you go to the Parthenon, Rotier's is a local restaurant that has great cheeseburgers.  It's really sort of a dive, but it's a legend in Nashville.  It's close to the Parthenon on Elliston Place.