Menu

Stupid question.....what do you do with the plunger after you've plunged the toilet?

ChristusG

The early low flows were awful. My parents have them in their house and they plunge all the time. The newest low flows are MUCH better. We've had 2 for 9 months after remodeling 2 bathrooms and have plunged one time.

Yes. 

Our previous toilets were from the first year low-flow toilets were made.  They were basically the same old toilets, just with less water, and they didn't work.  Our new Toto toilets use very little water, but they have tremendous  flushing power.  There's a cool You Tube video of a Toto toilet in action, using bean paste as waste.  LOL.  It's amazing what that toilet pulls down.

Low flow, regular flow, any flow-my ds can clog them all.  Many of the men on dh's side seem to have this capability.  It is definitely less frequent since we remodeled the upstairs bathroom.

I swish the plunger in the clean water.  If it was gross I throw in some cleaner.  Shake it off and place next to toilet.  Once I used the tub and I did majorly sanitize after.

I swish in clean toilet water & flush again while swishing, then replace in the small plastic trash can that it's home. :tongue_smilie:  I will disinfect it depending on the matter needing to be plunged and how long it has been since I had last cleaned the toilet.

I do want to know, though, about these holders I am hearing about. All I have ever seen are holders for the brushes, and not the plungers. I would love to have a plunger holder.

I do sanitize the toilet brush, I thought everyone did. Keeping it clean means I never have to worry about one of my small kids grabbing it or a visitor's kid. I have a kot of people with toddlers over and they seem to touch everything.

:blink: 

Never in my life have a cleaned a cleaning brush.  if I was cleaning something so horrifically nasty that the cleaning tools themselves needed to be cleaned (other than washing rags) I would just throw them away.

And to answer the original question, I just swish the plunger around in the "new" toilet water- if the water still looks clear, I put the plunger in its bucket under the sink- if the water is dirty, I flush & swish again.