Menu

Ticket to Ride PC/Mac download with expansion pack: $1.99

I came across this deal this morning.  Right now, Amazon has a deal where you buy from a list of games and then they'll send you an email with a free download of Ticket to Ride within two days.  One of the games from the list is the $1.99 expansion pack of Ticket to Ride. :)  So, for $1.99, you get the original game and an expansion pack.  Pretty good deal!

ETA:  Looks like the email is instantaneous.  I received the promo link before Amazon even sent the confirmation email for the $1.99 pack.

Thank you for posting this; I just bought the expansion pack, and we'll see how quickly the download for the original game comes through. (And if it doesn't, I'm still not out too much.)

ETA: It did seem to work. Yes, you buy the expansion pack first, and then it gives you a promotional credit toward the original game (which is free after the credit), plus two other games. So, three games and one expansion pack for couple of dollars -- great deal!

On the phone with Amazon - there is an issue with the Mac side on the promo codes, they are coded for the PC version only.

SOOOO, Mac users - don't click BUY yet!

ETA: UNless it says $0.00 when you check out - you will pay for it. It is not a "hidden" promo code like they sometimes have, it will be reflected on the bill page.

I would love to get this, but I don't see any info on the game page, either. Did any get the deal who didn't get the email?

The deal info is in the little box:

Digital Games Summer Sale - Use Code "Gooncave" and Save an Additional 15%

From June 30 - July 14, find deals on PC and Mac Game Downloads, Free-to-Play starter packs, Indie Games, bundles, and more in our Digital Games Summer Sale. Plus, use code "Gooncave" at checkout and save an additional 15% off your order (excluding Xbox Live and Sony PlayStation Network credit) . We're also giving away three free games with the purchase of any Indie game download (see qualifying titles). To see all our deals, check out our Summer Sale.

This is a great deal, however, because I would want this for Mac, I checked steampowered.com for the game. For $7.99 through 7/22, you can get the original game and 4 expansions that can be played on both PC and Mac. It does cost more, but you get more and there is no problem with redemption for the Mac item.

If you do a search for "Ticket to Ride," click on the original for $4.99. That page has the bundle for $7.99. It did not come up in the search for me.