Menu

How is this possible? Did I get scammed?

Companies get special deals for using those companies, so they get charged less and can charge you less for S&H. Regular people don't get those deals.

Yes, this. My husband used to work for a large company and they got a volume discount. They shipped SO much stuff the price was a fraction of what a regular person would pay.

If you didn't open it, I think you can just mark refused and it goes back. Or the company can issue you a return label. That stinks. :(

I opened it.  It was only then when I put it in the air purifier that the website said that it would fit, that I discovered that it was too big.  They didn't give me a return label but just said that they would reimburse me what they would have spent on shipping.  I complained to Amazon but Amazon seems to be agreeing with them.  Oh well, I'm out $15 once you add back in the shipping amount they did give me.  I just won't do business with them again.  

I opened it.  It was only then when I put it in the air purifier that the website said that it would fit, that I discovered that it was too big.  They didn't give me a return label but just said that they would reimburse me what they would have spent on shipping.  I complained to Amazon but Amazon seems to be agreeing with them.  Oh well, I'm out $15 once you add back in the shipping amount they did give me.  I just won't do business with them again.  

If it is a third-party company through Amazon, I believe that you can rate and comment about your experience.  If you share your experience, it may help someone else in the future.  The company may decide to help you, but it is unlikely if they weren't willing to help now.  I'm sorry that they didn't offer a return label.  

Jean, you might try contacting Amazon customer service (not by email) since the website said the filter would fit your model.  I'm pretty sure that if you talk to a live person, they will work with you to try to make it right.  In person, the Amazon employees are pretty responsive.

Leave feedback.  Item wasn't what it was advertised to be - a filter that fit your air purifier -  and you are out $15 for return shipping.  Not your fault, but you have to pay for their mistake. One star.  That'll get their attention.

You can remove or change your feedback on  Amazon, I think, after they repay you the $15.