Menu

Need dairy/peanut free high protein breakfast ideas

BlueTaelon

breakfast sausage links - obviously different ones might have different ingredients so you'd have to check the package carefully. Eta, I just checked my Kroger (King Soopers) package as I happen to have a fresh one in the fridge - I don't see dairy/peanut/gluten.

I bake them by the pan-ful (about 26 links at a time) in the oven, 350 for about 45 minutes, then I freeze them. We take out two at a time and microwave for 30-35 seconds.

Right there with you. Gluten free, dairy free, peanut/tree nut free. Sometimes coming up with high protein options is crazy-making.

I will be watching this thread with interest. :)

Can you do sunbutter? We do sunbutter on gluten free toast (Rudi's bread) or rice cakes. DS also likes sunbutter stirred into oatmeal with melted chocolate chips (Enjoy Life's mini chips are dairy free). He adds a bit of sugar, too.

Eggs? Not an option for us, but maybe for you? Leftover dinners? DS loves burgers, if we have leftovers. Anything that we've had for dinner is fair game, but often not appealing. Chicken wings are always gobbled up, too.

Are tree nuts an option for you? (Not for us, but maybe for you?)

breakfast sausage links - obviously different ones might have different ingredients so you'd have to check the package carefully. Eta, I just checked my Kroger (King Soopers) package as I happen to have a fresh one in the fridge - I don't see dairy/peanut/gluten.

I bake them by the pan-ful (about 26 links at a time) in the oven, 350 for about 45 minutes, then I freeze them. We take out two at a time and microwave for 30-35 seconds.

Dumb question but how to you keep them from splattering every where in the oven? I hate cooking links on the stove, I always manage to burn them:(

Dumb question but how to you keep them from splattering every where in the oven? I hate cooking links on the stove, I always manage to burn them:(

They don't splatter much as far as I can tell - they cook slowly and much more evenly than on the stove. I too burn them on the stove every. single. time, so the oven is the superior method for me :)

I prefer to use my nonstick insulated baking sheet - I forgot what it's called but the sides are slightly higher than a cookie sheet - though the cookie sheet works too. The bottoms brown quicker on the cookie sheet. I'd probably put foil on the cookie sheet as an insulator as well as mess-preventer. When you take them out of the oven, shake the pan or push them around so that they won't be so stuck after they cool. When they're cool, put them in a ziploc bag and into the freezer. My giant package of sausage yields about two oven batches.

When dh is working I fry up bacon and sausage for a week, then I fry up 3 corn shell in a nonstick pan with a little bit of oil and when I flip it I add some shredded cheese which you can easily leave off. I wrap the bacon and sausage in corn tortilla shell.

Think outside the breakfast box. My son had chicken nuggets as part of his breakfast this morning. We do sunbutter, as others have mentioned. I try not to do too many processed meats and most breakfast meats fall into that category in a big way. So I would throw away the breakfast mentality as much as you can.

Almond Pancakes?

3 ripe bananas, mashed

3 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2C almond flour

1/4 heaping tsp. baking soda

dash salt

1/2 tsp vanilla (opt.)

1/2C fresh or frozen berries (opt.)

Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Cook pancakes in butter, coconut, or olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Flip pancakes when there is a nice golden crust on the bottom. Serves 3.