Menu

Sites for used/reselling curriculum?

I stalk the classifieds here, homeschoolclassifieds, VegSource, Amazon and eBay, yet have had little luck finding items that are usually fairly easy to find. I did find one book on half.com that typically sells for $29; on half.com it is selling for $279.32. I don't think so.

Are there other sites I am missing? I was on the FB group but when it switched to the app thing I gave up. :)

I stalk the classifieds here, homeschoolclassifieds, VegSource, Amazon and eBay, yet have had little luck finding items that are usually fairly easy to find. I did find one book on half.com that typically sells for $29; on half.com it is selling for $279.32. I don't think so.

Are there other sites I am missing? I was on the FB group but when it switched to the app thing I gave up. :)

I've had the same problem recently. I even put some books into my cart on Amazon and ABE b/c they were the best deal I could find, and had them bought out from under me before I could decide if I was done looking. And, of course, then I had to search all over again only to find that everything out there is more expensive. So, if you find something that is close enough to what you are willing to pay snatch it quick. I have been very frustrated this year with searching for curriculum & books.

Have you tried just throwing it out there on your own FB page? I've had luck with simply saying "looking for xyz and willing to pay $#. PM me if you have one you'd be willing to part with." You never know what your local friends have cluttering up their shelves. Bonus = no shipping!

I still think the Varagesale group is the best right now.
From what I read I need some kind of app for Varagesale, right? Doesn't that involve a smartphone or some kind of technology like that? I'm in the Dark Ages as far as that all goes so figured I was done with the FB site.

Have you tried just throwing it out there on your own FB page? I've had luck with simply saying "looking for xyz and willing to pay $#. PM me if you have one you'd be willing to part with." You never know what your local friends have cluttering up their shelves. Bonus = no shipping!
Lol, the only people whom I am friends with on FB are elderly or out-of-state friends from high school (most of whom do not homeschool). Keeps my time on FB to a minimum only having 30 or so friends. :) Otherwise that would be a great idea.

Off to check out abebooks...

I left the group too because I really don't want a FB app that wants access to my info. I only have a few things to sell anyway, and have nearly everything I need. I am a member of three other groups as well, but it seems like it is mostly the same people either re-posting or bumping the same things over and over. It's very frustrating to scroll through the same 25 pictures every other day. Then, I also get frustrated when people post of things and say "I want this" only to back out or asking for the ISBN of things that are easily found on Amazon. For the few dollars I am asking, just look it up, sheesh! I am seriously not trying to be unhelpful or unfriendly, but if I am "possibly interested" in something, I am going to do a bit of research myself before either commiting to buy or asking for the seller (who is only make a dollar or two) to do it for me.

Anyway, my mini-rant is over. I am either going to take some of my things to a local kids consignment store or donate them. It's not worth my time and aggravation for the money I am making.