Menu

Lively Latin printing

klmama

I used the obsessive conservationist method of printing, and it worked great. I made a "workbook" (bound with Proclick and laminated front and back covers) for the first 4 chapters so far. I plan to make 4 workbooks (that's how many "tests" there are). I also printed black and white for most of the pages. I occasionally did artwork pages in color. The page that has 3 states and you're supposed to pick out Pennsylvania needed me to fill in the outlines of the states (the yellow doesn't show up when printed black and white, so they were missing their outline on a couple sides), but I just filled it in with a pen pretty easily.

I printed the divider pages and stuck sticky note tabs on them. These I placed in a thick binder. I printed the entire storybook section and put it in its own file folder, but otherwise I print 1 lesson at a time, and keep the printout in a file folder. As pages are completed or done with, I place them in the binder to keep it all organized.

I print out 3 student copies for 3 students and 1 answer key; for economy and sanity's sakes, I just print out everything by lessons, duplex, b/w, 3 hole punch and put in a 3 ring binder. When we need to see color, we can come to the computer and look at the pictures on the screen.

I also separately print out the vocabulary sheet on cardstock for each student. I have made a separate "reference" book containing the "Handy Dandy Chant Sheet," Vocabulary sheets, and the glossary from BBOLL2. I print them on cardstock for durability and put them in a slim 3 ring binder.

I use a brother 2270DW black and white laser printer and I buy paper that is a little thicker (not the cheapest stuff) so that it won't tear out of the binders easily.

One final note, I have downloaded all of the vocabulary audio files into iTunes.

I think doing flashcards for vocabulary is helpful.