Menu

Done for the year! We survived 7th grade, first year of homeschool!

Friday was DD's last day of school. She is in 4th grade in PS, and I decided we would make that a symbolic end of DS's homeschool year, as well.

On Friday we crossed the Final Bridge of Fred's Pre-Algebra with Economics (fourth LOF of the year), did the last exercise in Lively Latin Big Book 1 (shifted over from Cambridge Latin midstream), read the final chapter of Hakim's Story of Science, and finished up our Ancient History textbooks (Oxford Press's middle school books).

We're happy! We enjoyed ourselves! He wants to do it again next year! I have leaned on these forums so much. Thank you all.

"Home" schooling may be a misnomer for us. He tagged along with me on work trips to Italy, Spain, France, England, Wales, Morocco, Sweden and Singapore. We built in trips to ancient sites wherever we could. Not a bad life! I would have chosen it over my own twelve years at a desk in plaid kilts and knee socks.