Menu

WA/OR Homeschoolers: Homeschool Days at Wild Waves

m0mmaBuck

Weekdays June 5-13 are Homeschool Days and tickets for the whole park are just $10. Buy online using the code "homeschool." The weather is supposed to be decent for the next few weeks and I plan to take advantage of ticket prices I can actually afford as an "end of school year" reward for the kids.

Wild Waves is near Seattle but there is also a new waterpark in Oregon. Not sure if you all have heard of it yet so here is a link just in case. Seattle is a bit too far to go with my littles this year but we plan to check this one out. It's also an aviation museum so it can incorporate some school as well :laugh:

www.evergreenmuseum.org/waterpark/

Wild Waves is near Seattle but there is also a new waterpark in Oregon. Not sure if you all have heard of it yet so here is a link just in case. Washington is a bit too far to go with my littles this year but we plan to check this one out. It's also an aviation museum so it can incorporate some school as well :laugh:

Wild Waves is near Seattle but there is also a new waterpark in Oregon. Not sure if you all have heard of it yet so here is a link just in case. Washington is a bit too far to go with my littles this year but we plan to check this one out. It's also an aviation museum so it can incorporate some school as well :laugh:

We ADORE the museum there and they have really excellent homeschool days. We did one on rocketry about a month ago and both my boys loved it. Highly recommend!

The water park part seems very expensive for what it is, and I've read reviews that say it's not worth it on crowded days. But still, a water slide coming out of a 747? How can it not be awesome?

Would it be fun for both a 5 and 7 yo or is 5 a little young? How crowded does it get?

Thanks for posting!

I've only been there twice towards end of summer and one time it was VERY crowded and another time it wasn't too bad. I think it just depends on weather and timing. Yes, it would defintely be fun for a 5 year old. It's for ALL ages from kids to adults. It's been a while since I've been there but I think if an adult accompanies the 5 year old he/she could do many of the rides/slides there. They even have some sections for the younger ones. They also have various rides there that are none water related.

We ADORE the museum there and they have really excellent homeschool days. We did one on rocketry about a month ago and both my boys loved it. Highly recommend!

The water park part seems very expensive for what it is, and I've read reviews that say it's not worth it on crowded days. But still, a water slide coming out of a 747? How can it not be awesome?

Good to know. Thanks for the info.