Menu

Donating your homeschool books and supplies

I have tried selling my used books in the past, but it always seemed like a hassle. A few years ago I started donating my homeschool books to The Book Samaritan.

Now we also have another option. Today I was excited to send some of my books to Humanist Homeschoolers Help!

I hope you all will consider making a donation to these organizations. :)

Guest inoubliable

I love this! They are bringing books to Moore, OK. That is just so sweet!

:)

It just got a lot bigger with some help from Better World Books, in case anyone is interested or would like to help.

http://humanisthomeschoolershelp.com/with-your-help-we-can-get-thousands-of-books-to-ok

Full disclosure: I'm one of two people who is running this campaign and that site.

:)

It just got a lot bigger with some help from Better World Books, in case anyone is interested or would like to help.

http://humanisthomes...-of-books-to-ok

Full disclosure: I'm one of two people who is running this campaign and that site.

This sounds great - and I'm hoping to be able to help out a small bit next week when I get paid.

(the site seems to load slow for me though - yesterday I never did get it to load)

ETA: I will go thru my stuff I was donating and see what secular materials I have and see if you guys can use them.

Guest inoubliable

This sounds great - and I'm hoping to be able to help out a small bit next week when I get paid.

(the site seems to load slow for me though - yesterday I never did get it to load)

Awesome! :)

Yes, I've noticed it loading slowly since yesterday. Thanks for letting me know. Additional traffic, maybe? I'll have to look into that today.

WOW. Way to passive aggressively attack another non-profit's help. Humanist Homeschoolers isn't asking anyone to sign pledges or be an atheist. It's just offering secular books.

FWIW, Book Samartian looks great, but they are a church ministry. Not everyone is comfortable with that. Not just atheists, but many Catholics, Jews, etc. try to keep to secular materials (not entirely, but I have seen many threads on here about that exact thing). Since I have never used Book Samaritan, does anyone know if you can request specific curricula, or is it general?

Since I have never used Book Samaritan, does anyone know if you can request specific curricula, or is it general?

From their website, those in need who request books from Book Samaritan can either make specific requests or general requests by subject/grade, and they fill the request as best they can with what they have on hand.