Menu

Fitness Gurus...I need a little help

laughing lioness

I need an ab work-out but I can't lay on my back without extreme discomfort/pain and I can't bend or squat. Is there anything I can do outside of a gym?

I also need upper arm work (I turned 50 - ack!!). I have 5# dumbells and have been doing simple curls but is there anything that will firm fast?

I have a fused spine which makes lying on the floor to do crunches is impossible for me. I found that I can still do my normal pre-surgery exercise routine as long as I use the right equipment. This ab chair has been perfect. I've had it for almost 10 years, and still love it.

Planks were the first thing that came to my mind, too, for working abs. I've also taken ideas from Fitness Blender workouts on youtube. Many of the ab exercises are lying on the floor, but there are some that aren't. There are a lot of workouts there. You could get arm exercise ideas too. Good luck!

Here is a Fitness Blender standing abs routine. You say can't bend and I'm not sure exactly how you can't bend, but you can watch this moves and decide which you can do. It seems the Captain Morgen with a medicine ball (or dumb bell) would be good. That's arms and abs and no bending.

Just browse around on Fitness Blender.com for abs and arms. There are lots. You can watch the ab moves and pick and choose which you can do. Also, have you tried doing ab moves on a physioball? Really takes the stress off the back. You might be able to do crunch type moves while on a ball. You do not have to rise you torso far for it to be effective when you're on a ball.