Menu

Amazon question

Murmer

I don't order off of Amazon so I am not sure if I should feel upset or not.

I bought a NEW book off of Amazon. It arrived and the corners of the cover are all bent the edges of the cover are starting to curl. Honestly it just doesn't look like a new book...it looks like it has been returned. I would not necessarily say it is damaged but if I bought it as a gift it would not be gifted because it doesn't look nice enough. It is frustrating to me...but I don't know that is something that I should just resign myself too because Amazon sends books that aren't perfect or is that something I should try to get replaced. TIA for your kind opinions.

Contact amazon and let them know. In my experience they will usually replace it or tell you to keep it and refund the $. Depends on how $$$ the book is.

Was this sold by amazon or a 3rd party on amazon? (Shouldn't matter if the book is not new they will return it, just curious)

If you bought directly from Amazon (not one of their third parties) then you can return it and get a replacement. Usually my Amazon purchases go smoothly and the books are in perfect condition. Occasionally I will get a damaged book ( usually from shipping) and they have always replaced them for me before. They will cover return shipping costs if it is their fault.

Go to your Account page and look at the order. There should be a button beside it to Return or Replace items.

I buy from Amazon on a weekly basis, and have never had such an issue, so it's definately NOT something that is the norm IF you bought directly from Amazon. If you bought from a third-party seller, there's that risk, I guess, but you have recourse as other's have mentioned.

Thanks this was purchased new through Amazon not a 3rd party which is part of why I am so disappointed. I figured Amazon would send me a book that looks brand new not one that has bent pages and covers. :( Thanks for the advice so far.

I agree with previous posters. Definitely, you should contact Amazon and ask them to make you happy. We buy Used Textbooks for DD from Amazon Sellers, not directly from Amazon, as you did in this case. At the end of December 2012, I ordered a Used Art Textbook for her, described by the Seller as in “Very Good†condition. Actually, it had been purchased by a school district in California, had their stamp on the inside of the front cover, and apparently was never issued to a student. When DD took the plastic wrapping off of the book, she told us, “it smells like a New bookâ€. You ordered a New book, IMHO, you should have received a New book, in perfect condition. We have also purchased New Textbooks for DD from Amazon Sellers and they arrive in New condition.

Yep, just contact Amazon! Don't stress over it, just let them know what you didn't receive what you paid for and give them a chance to prove their customer service to you. I've never had an issue with a book from them, but I've dealt with their customer service for other products and it's always been great.

I agree with all above. We purchase from Amazon all the time and all their books are in new condition. The times where I have had an issue with an order, Amazon has taken care of the issue to my satisfaction. I'm always pleased with their customer service. Contact them!