Menu

What to do with leftover veggies and broth from a pot roast?

songsparrow

I made a pot roast today that turned out really yummy. There will be no problem here getting the meat all eaten up in no time flat. But I have a lot of veggies (mostly carrots and a little onions) and broth left that the roast was cooked in - way more than will get eaten with the roast itself. Any suggestions for what I can do with them? (I am eating LCHF, so ideally grain-free suggestions.) Thanks!

Add some tomato juice and/or a couple cans of diced tomatoes, a bag of mixed veggies, half a head of cabbage cut into chunks and let it simmer until cooked. Vegetable beef soup! If you really want more meat in it you can brown 1/2 - 1 lb. of ground beef and add it to the soup as well.

I start a containter in my freezer and put all the leftover broth and/or veggies in it. I use it to make a good beef stew.. I add to it each time we have a little bit of a leftover veggies- sometimes even just a tablespoon or so.

I start a containter in my freezer and put all the leftover broth and/or veggies in it. I use it to make a good beef stew.. I add to it each time we have a little bit of a leftover veggies- sometimes even just a tablespoon or so.

We used to do this when my kids were little. When I had a container full, I would heat a few cups of broth and add the contents. We called it 'Monkey Stew.' The kids loved it just because of the name.

I add tomato sauce, more beef broth, rosemary, garlic and simmer for 15 minutes. They I shred the beef, chop the carrots, add veggies from the freezer (peas, carrots if I didn't have many left, corn, etc.) and simmer for 15 more minutes. Perfection!

I tend to cook a larger roast than we can eat just so we can make this soup. :laugh: